From Bandaranaike International Airport to Hilton Colombo Hotel
The recommended form of transport from the airport is a taxi. There is a taxi service of over 600 vehicles which is supervised by Airport and Aviation Services (S/L)LTD. Taxis can be organized from the Airport and Aviation Services counter which operates in the arrival Lobby. The journey should take about 45 minutes and cost between 2200 - 2500 rupees.
If you wish to contact them prior to your arrival please call 2252861 Ex 3097
If you wish to organize your own transport and hire a car directions from the airport to the hotel, where free parking is available, are below. However please be aware of the following:
- Traffic drives on the left.
- Most roads are tarred, with a 56kph (35mph) speed limit in built-up areas and 75kph (45mph) outside towns.
- The minimum age for driving a car is 18.
- In order to avoid bureaucratic formalities in Sri Lanka, an International Driving Permit should be obtained before departure.
- If not, a temporary licence to drive is obtainable on presentation of a valid national driving licence. This must be endorsed at the AA office in Colombo. For more information please visit www.motortraffic.gov.lk
- Take the Colombo main road to Peliyagoda via Thotalanga to Armour Street.
- Then take Panchikawatte Road to Sir Chittampalam A Gardiner Mawathe, Colombo 2, and you will arrive at the Hilton Colombo hotel.
A shuttle bus service from the airport terminal to the main bus station operates every 15 mins. From the bus station intercity buses operate into the city.